- Windows Controller Driver Windows 10 Free
- Update Windows Driver Windows 10
- Windows Controller Driver Windows 10 Windows 7
- Windows Controller Driver Windows 10 64
Reinstall Xbox 360 Controller Driver on Windows 10 Step 1: Open 'Device Manager.' Press Windows Key and X (Windows+X) at the same time. Click ‘View’ in the menu items, and then click on ‘Show Hidden Devices’. Once through this step, a lot of devices which were previously hidden. Jan 29, 2019 - Click 'Install the DS4 Driver' to enable you to use the PS4 DualShock controller in Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10.
Please download “Xbox 360 Controller for Windows” file and select.exe file to. 10．Select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”. Learn how to check your controller’s requirements, update drivers, and adjust settings. Xbox 360 Controller for Windows Learn how to use the Xbox 360 Controller on Windows and find out where to get troubleshooting help. Xbox 360 Controller Driver Windows 10 allows users to connect Xbox One Console to Windows PC or Laptops. Xbox Controller Driver allows users to use a wired Xbox 360 Controllers via Hardware and the wireless Xbox Controllers from the Microsoft Wireless Gaming Console for Windows. The driver is licensed under the GPL.
Fix Xbox 360 Controller Driver Not Working in Windows 10.
Is your Xbox 360 wireless controller not recognized or isn’t detected by Windows 10? Are you also facing any problem with Xbox 360 Controller Driver in Windows 10? It is commonly reported by the users that Xbox 360 controller is not working with Windows 10. If your controller is suddenly not working as it used to be, or should be, then you are at right place. In this post we will help you fix the following issues.
- How to setup download and install Xbox 360 Controller Driver for Windows 10?
- How to Fix Xbox 360 controller driver not working in windows 10?
Many PC games let you play with an Xbox controller instead of a keyboard or mouse. The Xbox 360 Controller for Windows can be easily installed on any PC that has an available USB port and is running Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, or Windows 7.
Many gamer like to use their Xbox 360 Controller with Windows 10 while playing their favorite games. This is great if you don’t want to spend money on additional controller, but there have been reports that Xbox 360 Controller Driver not Working in Windows 10, and today we’ll fix that.
Procedure 1: Install the driver manually.
If you’re using wireless Xbox 360 controller, set up install your Xbox 360 wired controller on Windows 10. But, you should update the drivers for wireless receiver timely, or may be your Xbox 360 controller will not work on windows 10. Whenever the latest version of drivers is released, update the drivers for your receiver.
If you are a beginner, don’t worry. Here is a step-to-step guide to update Xbox 360 controller driver for your receiver and fix Xbox 360 controller driver not working . All you need to do is follow the below steps:
- First, open the Device Manager. You can retrieve Device manager by clicking on Windows Key + X and a list will be displayed on the screen. Simply select Device Manager from it.
- When you open the Device Manager then make sure your receiver is connected to your PC. Navigate to other device section and enlarge it. Right Click on the Unknown Device and then choose the option “Updated driver software” from the menu.
- You will see an option mentioning “Browse my computer for driver software”, tap this option.
- Now click on let me pick from a list of device on my computer.
- Now, you are able to see a list of devices, you need to select Xbox 360 peripherals from that list and click “Next”.
- Select the latest Receiver driver option which is given on the list and then click on the Next button. If you get a pop-up, just click on OK button and wait for the driver to install on your PC.
- At last all you need to hold the pairing button on your Bluetooth receiver and on your Xbox 360 Controller for few seconds. After you follow this procedure, your computer will definitely recognize your controller.
Once the installation of the driver is finished, your Xbox 360 driver windows 10 will start working on your Window 10 System without any difficulty.
Procedure 2: Uninstall the driver
Periodically Xbox 360 controller may not work on Windows 10 because of the outdated or unmaintained drivers, and if that is the reason, your Xbox 360 controller is not functioning properly, the best way is to uninstall the already existing driver and allow the Windows to install it again.
To uninstall the driver, you can follow the below-described steps:
- Open the Device Manager.
- In Device Manager select the open button to Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows and right click on it.
- Select the Uninstall option from the menu.
- When the driver has been uninstalled successfully, restart your computer. When your computer restarts, Windows 10 will automatically install the missing driver.
Procedure 3: Install the latest drivers.
Sometimes our window system does not recognize Xbox 360 Controller driver for Windows 10 and the reason may be the outdated versions of drivers installed and if that is the problem then make sure that your Windows 10 is updated with the latest versions.
Check for the essential drivers required for your Windows 10 and download them. After the downloading process is over, you can install the right driver and your Xbox 360 controller will start working again in your Computer.
As per reports, if you are using third party receivers as well, and don’t use Microsoft receiver, it even works without any difficulties as long as you install Microsoft drivers.
If you don’t have the time or observe any difficulty to update the Xbox 360 driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Restore.
Why We Recommend Driver Restore?
While updating drivers for your Xbox 360 controller, it is essential to look for the right drivers to be updated and recent updates of those drivers. Well, mostly users seem it like a tedious and time consuming task.
Thus, we recommend you to use Driver Restore to make it easier for you. Driver Restore is the most widely used software for updating drivers in Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista & XP. This tool will scan entire windows system to identify the outdated or missing drivers on your PC and checks for the latest updates of those drivers.
Once it identifies the drivers which requires updates, it automatically starts downloading the most up-to-date versions of drivers and installs them properly.
Driver Restore ensures the performance of your system along with updated software and drivers.
Update Xbox 360 Controller Drivers Using Driver Restore
To know how to use Driver Restore, you can follow the below mentioned steps to update Xbox 360 controller drivers for Windows 10:
- Download the Driver Restore software.
- After installation, when you run the downloaded software, it scans the system and provides a list of outdated or missing drivers.
- A window will pop up with all the missing or outdated drivers will appear on the screen. The drivers to be updated will have a warning sign against their names.
- Select the driver and click on the Update Selected Driver button. The driver will start downloading the updates.
- Within few minutes, the latest version of the driver will be downloaded.
- Open the downloaded file and execute a normal installation process.
- Once the installation process is over, a window will appear to confirm the successful installation of the driver. If the installation is successful, click ‘Yes’, in case it is not, select ‘No’.
If there are more than one drivers to be updated, wait for all the drivers to be updated. Once the process of software update is complete, restart your system.
After you connect your Xbox One Controller to your Windows 10 PC, you find that you can’t play games using the controller. You may assume the driver is not installed. But it’s expected that Windows automatically downloads and installs the driver for the controller. What happen then?
You’re right that Windows 10 automatically installs the driver as soon as you connect it to the computer. But it’s still possible that Windows doesn’t install the driver. In this case, you need to update the driver on your own. There are two ways to install and update the driver. Just choose the way that’s easier for you.
Way 1: Update the Driver via Device Manager
Way 2: Update the Driver Using Driver Easy
Way 1: Update the Driver via Device Manager
If Windows doesn’t install the driver automatically, you can update the driver manually via Device Manager. Follow these steps:
1) On your keyboard, press Win+R (Windows logo key and R key) at the same time to invoke the run box.
2) Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter on your keyboard.
3) Expand the branch Microsoft Xbox One Controller.
4) Right-click on the expanded Microsoft Xbox One Controller and select Update driver (On lower Windows 10 versions, select Update Driver Software).
5) Click Search automatically for updated driver software. Then Windows will install the new driver for the device.
Windows Controller Driver Windows 10 Free
6) Check to see if you can use the Xbox One Controller properly.
Way 2: Update the Driver Using Driver Easy
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
Update Windows Driver Windows 10
1)Downloadand install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and clickScan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click theUpdate button next to a flagged Xbox Controller driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or clickUpdate All to automatically download and install the correct version ofallthe drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
Windows Controller Driver Windows 10 Windows 7
Just use one of two ways here to update the driver for your Microsoft Xbox One Controller on Windows 10.
Hope the tips help you update Xbox One Controller driver on Windows 10 easily. If you have any questions, please leave your comments below. We’d love to hear of any ideas and suggestions.
Windows Controller Driver Windows 10 64
My name is PaRa Mu Dita, a web Master, web Developer and Adventurer. Doing work for last 2 years and Running A lot of Techno Sites.