- Jan 27, 2012 Water softener maintenance begins with checking the hardness of the system, and continues with checking the brine tank. Water Softeners: How to Maintain a Water Softener.
- Missing manual for pure tel watersoftener Royal Consumer Information Pure-Tel Water Softener User Manual for Mac which is particularly useful for Krystal Pure gives you professional equipment for less than half the cost of traditional. Producing some medical issues, a tahoe wet gmt840 Nutten hook manual labor school attic can cause some.
- Pure Tel Softener Manual
- Culligan Water Softener User Manual
- Pure Tel Water Softener Manual
- Pure Tel Water Softener Utah
- Pure Tel Water Softener
Costco Water Softener System. Certified Pure-Tel Manual – H2o To Go water to the system that is available to the user as reverse-osmosis-treated water under. Efficiency rating means the percentage of the influent water to the system that is available to the user as reverse osmosis treated water under operating conditions that.
- POST a QUESTION or COMMENT about water softner brand or model identification.
InspectAPedia tolerates no conflicts of interest. We have no relationship with advertisers, products, or services discussed at this website.
Water softener / water conditioner identification:
How to determine the manufacturer, brand, & model of a water softener or water conditioner. Knowing the water softner brand & model helps obtain installation & operation & repair instructions, water softener service, & water softener repair parts.
We also provide a MASTER INDEX to this topic, or you can try the page top or bottom SEARCH BOX as a quick way to find information you need.
Identifying Water Softeners or Water Conditioners
This article has advice for identifying your water softener or water conditioner brand and we give contact information for water sofener parts & repairs for many water softener brands.
- AUTOTROL - also see PENTAIR
- GE WATER SOFTENERS - also see PENTAIR
- KENMORE WATER SOFTENERS - see SEARS WATER SOFTENERS
- See WATER CONDITIONER / SOFTENER MANUALS for an extensive list of free downloadable water softener manuals [PDF] sorted by brand and model
Question: Can You Help Identify Our Water Softener Brand and Get an Operating Manual so we can Set the Controls?
Attached are two photographs of our water softener (shown above and below). We do not know what type of softener we have or how to set it. Can you give us a clue to the manufacturer and where we could get a manual?
[Click to enlarge any image]
We are guessing what the different knobs are? We can't seem to set it to run on the timer. We set it to 'in service' and the time of day, but it won't run on its own at that setting.
So we have been setting it to regenerate to get it to run manually. We would like to get it to run automatically. We need help. - B.B.
7/17/2014 Trent D'Ewart said:
Can you please help me identify what brand of water softener I have so that I can find an operators manual?
B.B., don't know this specific brand for sure but doing some research on stainless steel water conditioner brands I found that
- The control head (water softener valve) for your water softener is found in a Chinese unit sold to various manufacturers - you can see the control at http://www.china-water-filter.com/Stainless-Steel-Water-Filter-Housing-17.html and also at http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/357047492/detail.html?s=p
- And a similar control head is used on Aqua Maid water systems found at http://www.aquamaidwatersystems.com/Products/SSC.aspx
- The stainless steel water conditioner tank and salt tank in your photo are a match for Crystal Quest Water Softeners - see http://www.crystalquest.com/watersoftener.htm
So your unit may be a Crystal Quest or an Aqua Maid POE (Point of entry) water conditioner or water softener similar to their models CQE-WH-01127 or CQE-WH-01128 but with an older control head.
Look carefully at all sides of all of the pieces of equipment for names, numbers, identifying marks, including inside the cover of the water softener controls. If you still find absolutely nothing, a look at the water softener controls themsevles will often show a rather generic control style - as several water softener brands actually use parts made by the same manufacturer but sold under a variety of names. In that case you may be able to follow the advice on control use from any of them.
If you like, use our CONTACT link to send me photos of your equipment and we may be able to comment further.
You can also certainly call local water conditioner companies in your area - as most likely the unit you have was installed by one of them, and most of them will be happy to come to your home to check the condition of your unit and to recommend any service or cleaning or repairs needed.
The Water Conditioner Control Valve is the Key to Setting & Using a Water Softener
It is the control head or water conditioner 'valve' mounted on top of the unit that controls the system's regeneration cycle and salt usage. So that part is key.
Start by looking carefully on all sides and under covers or the control head cover and back for a manufacturer or brand, or if you cannot find any such labeling, you could try contacting local water softener distributors, since your unit was most likely installed by a local supplier.
You can also try contacting the water conditioner manufacturers we list below.
Since the control valve on your water softener matches photos of units at the Aqua Maid website I'd start by contacting Aqua Maid and asking for (or downloading) the installation and operation manual for their equipment.
Aqua Maid can be contacted at 3375 Hwy 98S Suite B-1 Lakeland, Fl 33803 Phone: 1-888-925-0213 Fax: 863-665-9595 [email protected] http://www.aquamaidwatersystems.com/Products/SSC.aspx
Crystal Quest 2130 Northwest Pkwy S.E. Suite - i Marietta, GA 30067 1-800-934-0051 1-770-951-5600 1-800-716-7718 1-770-953-1600 [email protected] [email protected] http://www.crystalquest.com/watersoftener.htm
From just looking at your photo of the control valve I see that you can set
- the time of day
- the salt dose (that red dial with a center screw
- The automatic regeneration frequency (pull out or push in those individual pins that will trip the automatic regeneration cycle as the timer dial rotates under clock control.
If your system is not regenerating under control of the valve (control head) then perhaps none of the push-pull pins has been changed to cause the regen cycle to occur.
Question: how do I identify the model and brand of my water softener? Where do I get water softener operating instructions.
Attached is a picture (shown at left) of the control for the water softener that came with the house three years ago. I just started running the water softener after cleaning the brine tank and filling it up with salt. I left the settings as is.
The unit has a separate tank for the brine with a float inside. (tank size is 18' x 33') Unfortunately, I don't have any manual on the system and on top there is no manufacturer's name, model no.
Except there is hand written note 'TT 948 56 AE'. S/N 12671 Could you please help me identify the maker of this machine or how should I proceed to set it up correctly?
Reply: how to identify a water softener brand and obtain operating instructions
KD: the water softener control that is shown in your photo (above left) appears to be widely used across a variety of water softener brands and models, as you can read in the FAQ text just above.
That's because some OEM manufacturers of water softener controls and parts sell those components to a number of companies who then sell and install water softeners under their own brand.
For example in Sun City Arizona and other parts of that state, the water softener you show above is widely distributed under the Pro-Tec Water Equipment brand.
Depending on where you live, choose and try calling one of the water conditioner distribution & sales companies listed just below, as all of them sell water softeners using the control shown in your photograph:
- Aqua Maid can be contacted at 3375 Hwy 98S Suite B-1 Lakeland, Fl 33803 Phone: 1-888-925-0213 Fax: 863-665-9595 [email protected] http://www.aquamaidwatersystems.com/Products/SSC.aspx
- Crystal Quest 2130 Northwest Pkwy S.E. Suite - i Marietta, GA 30067 1-800-934-0051 1-770-951-5600 1-800-716-7718 1-770-953-1600 [email protected] [email protected] http://www.crystalquest.com/watersoftener.htm
- Pro-Tec Water, 18700 N 107th Avenue # 9, Sun City, AZ 85373-9759, Tel: 623-977-0071 Website: www.pro-tecwater.com (inoperative)
- The control head (water softener valve) for your water softener is also found in a
Chinese unit sold to various manufacturers (notwithstanding the label that may say 'Made in the USA:) - you can see the control at http://www.china-water-filter.com/Stainless-Steel-Water-Filter-Housing-17.html and also at http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/357047492/detail.html?s=p
- Water Conditioner Manuals lists and provides free copies of instruction manuals for many water softener brands and models
Some of the water conditioner's operating instructions are printed right on the front of the control. On many models, basic water softener adjustment procedures and guidelines are printed inside of the control cover or lid. But best is to obtain the installation and operating guide book from your equipment's manufacturer.
Make a note of your water softener's model and serial number if you can find it. Your note contained some of that information;
Often, as our photo illustrates, the back of the water softener control includes a sticker with water conditioner model and serial number information. That information can help assure that the manufacturer whom you contact can provide you with the most accurate water softener operating instructions.
Photo Examples of Water Softener & Water Conditioner Brands & Models
Abacus Water Softeners & Conditionsers
New England (Massachusetts, or Raymond New Hampshire)
Abacus Water Systems, (Felder Industries), near Raymond NH, Tel: (603) 778-2984 , Email: [email protected] Website: https://www.abacuswatersystems.com/
Abacus Water Systems
4001 Kendrick Plaza Drive
Houston, TX, 77032
Autotrol Water Softeners
Above: identification photo of an Autotrol water softener Model 267 / 270.
This same control head appears on Pentair Water Softeners
- For Autotrol water softener manuals and diagrams and installation or repair details see PENTAIR
Pure Tel Softener Manual
Aqua Cera Water Softeners?
Reader Question: Aqua Cera Water Softeners?
Curious if you're familiar with the brand of water 'conditioner' Aqua Cera. Salt and electric free unit that uses it's media to condition, not soften, water. Water will still test hard as usual however their claim is that there will no longer be any scale build up at fixtures. They also recommend these units for people who don't like the slimy feel of softened water. Sounds fine and good but how proven is this technology? - Anon 6/14/12
Culligan Water Softener User Manual
Anon, we discuss these, to put it nicely, highly questionable tools, gadgets, and magic equipment in more detail at OTHER SOFTENER METHODS.
Generally, there is no independent, credible evidence whatsoever that the systems you describe actually work, and the 'white papers' and other literature we've found has been prepared by the vendors themselves or their agents. If it's too good to be true, it is probably not true.
Aqua Soft or Aquasoft Water Softeners & Water Conditioners
- AquaSoft Water Softeners, Aqua Systems, 7785 East U.S. Highway 36, Avon IN 46123, USA, USA, Tel: 800-447-5598, 847-381-3792, Website: http://aquasoftwaterconditioning.com/
- Aquasoft™ IrelandAquasoft™ Unit B14Santry Business ParkSantryDublin 9Ireland, Tel: +353 (01) 862 30 40 Website: https://www.aquasoft.ie
- Aquasoft Systems, U.K., Unit 2 Bradley Road Workshops, Donnington Wood, Telford, TF2 7RGCall Us: (01952)228844, Website: http://www.aquasoftsystems.co.uk/
- AQUASOFT Series SC Water Conditioner INSTALLATION & OPERATION MANUAL, retrieved 2017/04/02, op. cit.
- Aqua Soft Water Systems, Inc., Kinetico Water Systems, 220 Business Parkway, Royal Palm Beach FL 33411, USA, Tel: 561-753-7700, family owned business founded 1972, serves Palm Beach & Broward Counties, Florida.
- Aqua Soft Water Treatment, 504 Hwy 33W, Millstone Twp, NJ 08535, USA, Tel: 800-524-3273, family owned business since 1964, dealers in Kinetico non-electric water treatment systems and other products.
Note: Aquasoft and Aqua Soft water softeners, water conditioners and other water treatment equipment is a brand found listed in various U.S. states as well as in other countries as we list above.
Reader Question: when was my Aqua Soft system made?
2017/04/02 Charity said:
what year is my aqua system model # 9100TW.75D150TBBLKHS serial # 072803131337
Charity. It's a little tricky since quite a few companies claim the name 'Aqua Soft'. I'll add what I can find including contact information for the company into this article - so if we don't find a better decoder you can still contact Aquasoft directly to ask.
Typically the year is coded in the serial number; guessing, your unit could have been made on July 28, 2003.
Aqua Systems Water Softeners
Brand-X Exchange-Tank Type Water Softeners
Below: an exchange-tank type water conditioner
Culligan Water Softeners & Water Conditioners
Below: a Culligan™ water softener system. Culligan equipment usually has its brand name prominently displayed on the water conditioner control head - atop the narrow resin tank in the center of our photograph below.
For an example see CULLIGAN MARK 100 Water Softener Owner's Guide, 1994-1998
Question: mysterious water softener brand
(Apr 11, 2016) matt said:
I cannot for the life of me figure out what brand of water softener head this is. It is completely unlabeled except for an assembly sticker that has the initials NK on it, and serial number 4636649 with patent numbers 3249122, 3347556, 3349915, 3457792, 3616820, 3742768, 3874412, 4290451.
I would post a photo but am unsure how to on here. It has an 80 minute pin timer in the top left corner, a clear dial to set time and gallons in the bottom center and a 4 paddle wheel. please help
Aso it is a twin tank system its all black and the valve control sits right between the tanks.
Reply: Cygnus Water Purification Technology, Inc. - Softeners made in China
No surprise: having reviewed a lot of water softener materials, manuals, ads, companies, it's apparent that many water softeners use the same or very similar parts produced by manufacturers of generic parts. The good news is that you can often thus find a suitable repair or replacement part.
For security our current version of Comments Box doesn't permit posting photos, though that feature has been requested. But readers are welcome to send us photos for comment (and posting by us) using the page bottom CONTACT link.
My search suggests that NK is a brand found on a number of water softener parts that are made in China by Cygnus Water Purification Technology Co., Ltd. located in Zhejiang, China
I'd look for a brand on the water softener itself, often inside the control head cover.
Question: Erie Manufacturing Co Water Softeners
(June 11, 2015) Rev. D.V. Campbell said:
Need to find the brand name of a recently acquired water softener. No. #541-008C4FAA INJ: 4 Serial No. #63247 it is missing one of the water connection nuts and I need it to get it running. Also need the operating i.e. owner's manual
Sorry about that please email me at [email protected] if you can assist me the name on the timer is ERIE MANUFACTURING CO and yes I have sent them a message as well, but they primarily sell and do not keep parts. Thank you all for your assistance and prayerfully someone can assist us in our endeavors.
A Check for possible ID also found as did you, an Erie brand water softener at www.eriewatertreatment.com It may help you obtain the part you need if you download a copy of the water softener parts manual for your model.
Chances are the part you are missing is a standard plumbing fitting available from any plumbing supply house - I'd start there.
Or I found several online vendors selling parts for the Erie series.
GE Water Softeners General Electric
Photo: a water softener branded GE or General Electric and an internal view of a partly-disassembled GE water softener of a different model.
- See details at PENTAIR
Fleck Water Softener Identification + Pentair Water Softener & Controls
Fleck water softeners are the product of a number of patented water softener and valve inventions and improvements by Andrew J. Fleckenstein and Lambert W. Fleckenstein (cited below). The Fleckensteins patented a number of water softener controls and featers between (at least) 1963 and 1981.
Fleck controls may appear on other water treatment equipment sold under different brands.
Currently (2015) the FleckValves.com website cited below is an independent distributor, while Fleck® is a trademark of Pentair, Inc. whose products include these brand names: Pentair, Pentair Aquatic Eco-Systems, Kreepy Krauly, Everpure, Shurflo and Delta Environmental.
The Fleck water softener photos shown here were provided by a reader (Aug. 2015) and did not contain a brand identification label, but the US Patent numbers on the equipment confirmed the manufacturer.
Reader Question: Is this an old Fleck water softener?
... trying to figure out what this is. It looks like an old fleck but there are no numbers or anything really helpful. I have a serial number but that's about it. I'm also trying to figure out the name of the part in the last picture where the hose connects to the head and where i might find a replacement.
The plastic has degraded so bad that there is nothing holding the fitting in and now it leaks. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated. If you need any other photos or any info to better identify let me know.
Pure Tel Water Softener Manual
Reply: History of Fleckenstein Valves & Water Softeners
From the patent numbers most likely you are correct that this is a Fleck® Controls water softener or possibly more accurately, a water softener using valves or controls designed by Fleck Valves, as those may appear on more than one water softener brand including Fleck, Fleck ProFlo, Autotrol, and Autotrol Performa and possibly also on some Pentair water softeners.
You can find parts for Fleck water softener controls via the contact links we give below.
While we don't know the specific model of your Fleck® water softener, the serial number can sometimes decode into the month and year of manufacture. That information, combined with a bit of product history, can tell us the possible models. Your model serial number is 1697619.
In any event, many of the Fleck softener parts are interchangeable across model years. The control details in your photo suggest this is an older model indeed, as it does not seem to match the Fleck 1500, 2500, 2510, 5600, 8500, 9000 nor 9100 models most popularly listed in 2015.
We also include some of the water softener valve and timing motor sketches from Fleckenstein's patent applications as those illustrations also help identify Fleck water treatment equipment, controls, and features.
[Click to enlarge any image]
Fleck water softeners are currently sold by a variety of distributors as well as at online retailers such as Amazon.com in at least the following models:
Fleck / Pentair 2510, Fleck / Pentair 2750, Fleck / Pentair 2850 & 2850s, Fleck / Pentair 2900s, Fleck / Pentair 3150 & 3900, Fleck / Pentair 5000 & 5600, , Fleck 5600SXT, Fleck 7000 sxt, and Fleck 9100SXT, Fleck / Pentair 5800 series water softeners, Fleck / Pentair 9000, 9100 & 95oo water softeners.
Below is an example of a contemporary (2015) Fleck water softener sporting an electronic control head.
Contacts for Fleck or Pentair Water Softeners & Water Treatment Equipment
- Fleck Corporation, Tel: 1-800-581-3488, Website: http://www.fleckvalves.com/ Email: [email protected]
a distributor of control valves for industrial and commercial water softeners and backwash filters
- Fleck SXT Timer Supplemental Service Manual [PDF], P/N 42713 Rev. D., 2/27/09 retrieved 1 Aug 2015, original source http://www.apswater.com /images/sxt-manual.pdf . Contact APS Water by email to [email protected] or by telephone to 1-800-460-9011 in the U.S.
- See WATER CONDITIONER / SOFTENER MANUALS for more water softener manuals sorted by brand and model
- Pentair Customer Service, Website: http://www.pentair.com/
U.S. Aquatic Main Office, 1620 Hawkins Avenue Sanford, NC 27330 United States Tel: +1 (919) 566-8000
US Corporate Office, 5500 Wayzata Blvd, Suite 600 Minneapolis, MN 55416-1261 United States, Tel: 1 (763) 545-1730
Fleck Pentair Water Softeners at Pentair Water Purification - see http://waterpurification.pentair.com/en-US/product/fleck/2850s/
- U.S. Water Systems, Inc., sells replacement controls and valves for Fleck and many other water softener brands. These controls should work as repair or retrofit parts for water softeners using Fleck Controls, Fleckenstein Valves, or Pentair water softeners. The company has criticized currently-sold (2015) Fleck Controls valves and opines that their products perform better in service. Tel: 1-800-608-8792, Website: http://www.uswatersystems.com/
- Water Softener Center, a water softener review website describing FLeck Water Softeners, - retrieved 1 Aug 2015, original source: - http://www.watersoftenercenter.com/fleck-water-softener-reviews/
- FLECK Model 9000/9100/9500 WATER SOFTENER SERVICE MANUAL [PDF]
- See also FLECKSTEIN WATER CONDITIONERS - just below
- See also AUTOTROL water softeners
Thanks to InspectApedia.com Luke for the Fleck 5600-SXT water softener photo above.
Photos of Current Autotrol & Fleck water softener control heads
Above and continuing below are example photos of current Autotrol, Fleck, and Pentair water softener models are given below and can be read-about in detail at the Fleck website link given just above.
[Click to enlarge any image]
Fleckstein / Fleck Water Softener History & Water Softener Control Patents - Pentair Fleck
Photo: an early Fleck 5600 SE water softener per reader Neil Iddison's comment 2019/07/29.
In 1955, L.W. Fleckenstein patented the original Fleck Closure, a quick and easy cover for water softener tanks. Fleck valves became a widely-used and nearly-generic water softener control.
Currently Fleck Controls is owned by PENTAIR WATER SOFTENERS [link to Pentair in this article]
- Fleckenstein, Andrew J., and Michael C. Mortl. 'Control system for meter actuated regeneration in a water treatment system.' U.S. Patent 4,313,825, issued February 2, 1982.
This invention relates to a control system for regeneration of a water treatment system in which a water meter monitors water usage and mechanically drives a water volume wheel to an operative position to call for regeneration when a predetermined volume of water has been treated and then automatically resets itself.
A timer wheel driven by a motor is included within the control system such that the timer wheel and the water volume wheel coact to activate the regeneration cycle mechanism at a predetermined time after a predetermined volume of water has passed through the water meter.
The mechanism is adjustable relative to the water treating capacity of the treatment system and the condition of the water being treated so as to be able to vary the predetermined volume of water treated which will call for regeneration.
- Fleckenstein, Andrew, and Michael Mortl. 'Water conditioning system controls.' U.S. Patent 4,290,451, issued September 22, 1981.
This invention relates to the controls for a water conditioning system with an operating valve having a simplified drive mechanism and a brine valve made from plastic materials and readily assembled for adaptability to softener systems of various sizes and having flexible coupling means which enable rigid plumbing parts to be connected with the plastic valve assembly.
- Fleckenstein Andrew J, Mitchell Herman C, 'Timing motor drive mechanism for water softener valves.' U.S. Patent 3,874,412, issued April 1, 1975.
A water softener valve timing mechanism utilizing a timing motor to shift the valve through the various operating and softening stages. A linkage is operated periodically to shift a drive gear for the valve into engagement with a pinion of the timing motor.
An adjustable cam controls a brine line valve for variably controlling the amount of water filled in the brine tank of the system to thereby control salt usage.
- Fleckenstein, A., and H. Mitchell. 'Timing motor drive mechanism for water softener valves.' U.S. Patent 3,742,768, issued July 3, 1973.
- Fleckenstein Andrew J, 'Softener valve.' U.S. Patent 3,616,820, issued November 2, 1971.
- Fleckenstein Andrew J, 'Timing motor mechanism for control valves and the like.' U.S. Patent 3,457,792, issued July 29, 1969.
- Fleckenstein Andrew J, Fleckenstein Lambert W, 'Control valve for water softeners.' U.S. Patent 3,349,915, issued October 31, 1967.
- Fleckenstein Andrew J, Fleckenstein Lambert W, 'Control valve for water softeners.' U.S. Patent 3,249,122, issued May 3, 1966.
- Fleckenstein Andrew J, Fleckenstein Lambert W, 'Sealing ring for piston and cylinder assemblies.' U.S. Patent 3,347,556, issued October 17, 1967. Excerpt: The present invention is directed to new and useful improvements in seals for piston and cylinder assemblies of the general type disclosed in our co-pending applications Nos. 302,660 and 302,669 filed on Aug. 16, 1963.
Question: unidentified water softener named by patent search PAT. NO. 4,313,825
2017/10/22 pmod.saraba said:
I have a Unidentified water softener , I found a metal tag that says PAT. NO. 4,313,825 SERIAL NO. 129552
I want to post pictures of it but I don't see where I can do that here.
[email protected] please email me.
Good going Sara, sending along that patent number. From that we can find the actual patent - that I cite below, And from that we can figure that the control on which you probably found this tag was for a Fleck brand water softener, or depending on its age, a Pentair water softener as I'll explai. The patent cited below matches the number on your water softener control:
Fleckenstein, Andrew J., and Michael C. Mortl. 'Control system for meter actuated regeneration in a water treatment system.' U.S. Patent 4,313,825, issued February 2, 1982.
Fleckstein, an inventor of a number of water softener parts and controls, is the progenitor of Fleck Water Softener Company, currently owned by Pentair.
You are welcome to send me photos for posting - use the page top and bottom CONTACT link to find our email. Our Comments Box is supposed to accept photos but I, too, haven't figured out yet how to make that work. I'll ask the programmer again about posting photos.
Hellenbrand Water Softeners
Shown above: an identification photo for a Hellenbrand E3 Water Softener
- Contact: Hellenbrand, Inc., Web: www.hellenbrand.com • Email: [email protected]
Impressions Water Softeners
This water softener sports two identifications: Impressions control head and WaterRight brine tank.
Kinetco Water Softeners
Below: Kinetico® Mach series water conditioning system, Dutchess County New York USA
Kisco Water Softeners
Below, cover & control on a Kisco® Water Softener, New York State
Master Water Conditioners / Water Softeners
Manuals and photos of the Master 155 Series water conditioner were provided courtesy of InspectApedia reader Dean Grantham (October 2017).
- Master Water Conditioners, 224 Shoemaker Rd., Pottstown, PA 19464 USA, Tel: 215-323-8358 has been in the water conditioning business in the U.S. since 1967, producing a combined water filter and water softener system, adding UV disinfection, membrane filtration, sulfur treatment (their manganese-based Simplus system), and other treatments such as sediment removal. The company's current (2017) series of products include the MBA series and MCA series water treatment equipment.
Website: http://www.masterwater.com/ The company's website Contact form provides for contact but does not give a corporate address.
- MASTER WATER CONDITIONER CONTROL SYSTEM Series 155 I&O MANUAL [PDF] (July 1990) includes instructions of adjusting the water softener timer shown above, the water softner brine control adjustment (the salt dial), and other features.
- Master Water Conditioner AUTOMATIC FILTER INSTALLATION & OPERATION GUIDE [PDF] Models MBA-AC-10 / 13 (carbon filter), MBA-AN-10 / 13 (Neutralizer), MBA-FE-10 / 13 (Iron Filter), MBA-AN-10 / 13, MBA-S-10 / 13 (Sediment Filter)
- Current Master Water Conditioner and filtration equipment manuals can be found at WATER CONDITIONER / SOFTENER MANUALS as well as at the company's own website.
Nugen Water Softeners
Pentair Water Softeners, Water Treatment, Valves, Filters: GE, Fleck, Pentek, Autotrol, Everpure, Wellmate brands
This website excerpt describes the current Pentair corporation
For more than 40 years, Pentair has been the quality choice for water treatment professionals due to our strong, reliable brands and product lines including: GE, Fleck, Pentek, Autotrol, Everpure, Wellmate and more.
Our various water filtration systems offer whole-home and point-of-use applications that work to provide the best, quality water for your home.
Whether it’s an undersink system or whole-house water softener, you can rest assured that our rigorously tested products stand up to Water Quality Association (WQA) and NSF International standards to remove impurities and provide clean, crisp-tasting water every time.
Pentair plc is a public trading company on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol PNR.
- Pentair Water Purification, Offices in the U.S., Asia-Pacific, Belgium, Brasil, Italy, India, Mexico, Singapore, Switzerland,
Pentair Hidro Filtros- Brasil R. Gérson Andréis, 621 Distrito Industrial CEP: 95112-130 Caxias do Sul, RS Phone/Fax: 55 (54) 3213-6300 www.pentairhidrofiltros.com.br
Pentair - Glendale 5730 North Glen Park Road Milwaukee, WI 53209 USA Phone: 262-238-4400
Pentair- India Green Boulevard, B-9/A, 7th Floor - Tower B Sector 62, Noida - 201301 Tel: +91 120 419 9444 Fax: +91 120 419 9400 [email protected]
Pentair- Mexico Structural Av. De Los Nogales Lotes 6 at 11 M-5 Parque Ind. Villa Florida C.P. Reynosa, Mexico 88730 +011 (52) 899 864 3000
Pentair- Singapore 18 Boon Lay Way #04-114 Tradehub 21 Singapore 609966 Tel: +65-67686800 Fax: +65-65158764 [email protected]
Pentair- Switzerland 18, Avenue de Sevelin 1004 Lausanne
Above: a multi-tank controller from Pentair, the Pentair Logix 764 control head
- Pentair Customer Service, Website: http://www.pentair.com/
U.S. Aquatic Main Office, 1620 Hawkins Avenue Sanford, NC 27330 United States Tel: +1 (919) 566-8000
US Corporate Office, 5500 Wayzata Blvd, Suite 600 Minneapolis, MN 55416-1261 United States, Tel: 1 (763) 545-1730
- See history of Fleck water softeners at FLECK WATER SOFTENERS
- See also GE WATER SOFTENERS
Petwa Water Softeners
Above: an identification photo for a Petwa Water Softener
- Contact Petwa at the following locations:
Canada West855 Park St., Unit 1Regina, SK S4N 6M1
Canada East490 Pinebush Rd., Unit 1Cambridge, ON N1T 0A5
U.S.A.56 Lightcap Rd.Pottstown, PA 194649760 Mayflower Park Drive,Suite 110Carmel, IN
460324655 McDowell Rd. WPhoenix, AZ 85035
- Petwa MODEL 75V WATER SOFTENER MANUAL [PDF]
ProTec Water Softeners
Below, a ProTec® water softener, Surprise, Arizona
Pure Tel Water Softeners
Purewater 4U of Las Vegas Te
8744 Shady Pines Dr
Las Vegas, NV 89143
Montgomery Ward Water Softeners
Below: an antiquated but still working water softener, possibly distributed by Montgomery Wards
RainSoft Water Softeners
Below: identification photos of a RainSoft water softner, EC4 Technology
Most but not all RainSoft control heads bear the RainSoft name.
and a more-complete RainSoft water softener installation shown below.
- Contact: RainSoft Main Office101 S. Gary AvenueRoselle, IL 60172USA Tel: 1-800-RAINSOFT Website: https://www.rainsoft.com/
- RainSoft EC4 Series WATER TREATMENT SYSTEM OWNERS MANUAL [PDF]
- RainSoft GOLD SERIES AQC WATER CONDITIONER (After 2004) [PDF]
- Rainsoft 14-Day Timer Manual [PDF] (shown above) for Astro, Apollo, and Amazon units.
Sears Kenmore Water Softeners Parts & Manuals
Above: a Sears Kenmore 38350 Water Softener and photos of other Kenmore water softener models and data tag and controls above & below.
- Contact Sears Kenmore at Sears Parts Direct Website www.searspartsdirect.com
or: Sears Brands Management Corporation3333 Beverly RoadHoffman Estates, IL 60179 U.S.A.www.kenmorewater.comwww.kenmore.comwww.sears.com
- Sears Kenmore UltraSoft 400 WATER SOFTENER OWNERS MANUAL Models 625.388400 625.388450 [PDF]
- Sears Kenmore WATER SOFTENER MANUAL Models 625.3485400 625.3485500 [PDF]
- Sears Kenmore Deluxe Demand WATER SOFTENER MANUAL Models 625.348471 625.348491 [PDF]
- Sears Kenmore Deluxe Demand WATER SOFTENER MANUAL Models 625.348570 625.348590 [PDF]
- Sears Kenmore Water Softner with Ultra Flow Valve, Model 625.384200 [PDF]
Question: where can I buy a replacement valve like this one for my water softener?
2016/12/31 Anonymous wrote (by private email)
I only know the serial # 3881020 and on the tank it says elite,it is about 20 to 22 years old. Do you know where I can get a piston like the picture I sent.
Reply: Fleck for the piston shown; Sears PartsDirect includes water softener parts for Sears, Kenmore, GE water softeners, Waterworks water softeners and others.
On 2019/07/29 reader Neil Iddison said
this is a Fleck piston. Uncertain of the model may be 3600, 4600, 5600. - thanks Neil.
What you want is the softener manufacturer/brand & model & serial number.
Water sofener internal control-head parts are not exactly generic. But many branded water softeners actually use equipment made by just a few manufacturers, so there is a fair chance that you will be able to find the part you need.
The 'Elite' brand water softener is probably a Sears product.
Try calling Sears Parts along with the name and serial number.
Alternatively, stop by your local water softener installer to see if they recognize (or maybe even installed) your water softener from photos of it and by looking at the part.
Sears PartsDirect says that they have parts for every major water softener brand, including GE Water Softener Parts , Kenmore Water Softener Parts , Kenmore Elite Water Softener Parts , Sears Water Softener Parts , Waterworks Water Softener Parts and other brands.
- Contact information for Fleck: FLECK WATER SOFTENERS
- Contact for Sears Repair Parts: Sears PartsDirect, Tel: 1-800-491-3457 Website: http://www.searspartsdirect.com/
Siemens Water Softeners
Identification photo: below is a Siemens KFZSS water softener control head.
Continue reading at WATER SOFTENER ADJUSTMENT & CONTROLS or select a topic from closely-related articles below, or see our complete INDEX to RELATED ARTICLES below.
Or see WATER SOFTENER BRAND / MODEL IDENTIFICATION FAQs - questions & answers about identifying various water softeners, posted originally at this page.
Or see these
- WATER SOFTENERS & CONDITIONERS - home
- WATER CONDITIONER / SOFTENER MANUALS for instructions for most water softener brands and models, free PDF downloads
Pure Tel Water Softener Utah
Suggested citation for this web page
IDENTIFY WATER SOFTENER BRAND / MODEL at InspectApedia.com - online encyclopedia of building & environmental inspection, testing, diagnosis, repair, & problem prevention advice.
INDEX to RELATED ARTICLES: ARTICLE INDEX to WATER TREATMENT SYSTEMS
Or use the SEARCH BOX found below to Ask a Question or Search InspectApedia
Ask a Question or Search InspectApedia
Try the search box just below, or if you prefer, post a question or comment in the Comments box below and we will respond promptly.
Search the InspectApedia website
Technical Reviewers & References
-  North Dakota Standards for Water Softeners, North Dakota General Authority Law, Chapter 62-04-08, Water Softener Units http://www.legis.nd.gov/information/acdata/pdf/62-04-08.pdf. 'The objective of this chapter is to provide a standard of quality, capacity,and performance for water softener units. Water softener performanceis to be based upon referee tests procedures described in section62-04-08-09.'
-  Culligan Mark 10 Water Softener 1994-1998 Installation and Operating Instructions (covering models manufactured after 1995) (1-96) 01881948.pdf available from www.culligan.com
-  Water Softeners, CMHC, Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation, cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/co/maho/wawa/wawa_005.cfm - October 2008. Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation acknowledges the contribution of Health Canada to the development of this document. For further questions regarding water treatment and water quality, contact Health Canada at [email protected] or call 613-957-2991 or 1-866-225-0709.
-  'Commercial Water Softener Installation and Operating Instructions', IBC Filtration & Water Treatment Products (Australia) for commercial, industrial and residential application www.ibcwater.com.au (07) 3219 2233
-  'Non electric water softener,Installation and Operating Instructions', IBC Filtration & Water Treatment Products (Australia), op.cit.
-  'Water Softener Twin Tank Installation and Operating Instructions', IBC Filtration & Water Treatment Products (Australia), op.cit.
-  Thanks to reader Gail Sanchez for discussing water softener backups and floods after an electrical outage - August 2010
-  General Electric Corporation, Operation Manual, 740/760 [Water Conditioner or Water Softener] Control, 255 and Performa Series Valves, (268, 268 FA), General Electric Corp. 2007
-  Ecodyne Industrial, 1270 Frontenac Road, Naperville, IL 60563Tel: 1 800-228-9326 (USA Only)Tel: +1 630-961-5043Fax: 1 800-671-8846, Customer Service: 1 800-228-9326, Email: [email protected], Website: http://www.ecodyneind.com/
Books & Articles on Building & Environmental Inspection, Testing, Diagnosis, & Repair
- Our recommended books about building & mechanical systems design, inspection, problem diagnosis, and repair, and about indoor environment and IAQ testing, diagnosis, and cleanup are at the InspectAPedia Bookstore. Also see our Book Reviews - InspectAPedia.
- Carson, Dunlop & Associates Ltd., 120 Carlton Street Suite 407, Toronto ON M5A 4K2. Tel: (416) 964-9415 1-800-268-7070 Email: [email protected] The firm provides professional HOME INSPECTION SERVICES and also extensive HOME INSPECTION EDUCATION and home inspection-related PUBLICATIONS. Alan Carson is a past president of ASHI, the American Society of Home Inspectors.
Thanks to Alan Carson and Bob Dunlop, for permission for InspectAPedia to use text excerpts from The Home Reference Book & illustrations from The Illustrated Home. Carson Dunlop Associates' provides extensive home inspection education and report writing material.
The ILLUSTRATED HOME illustrates construction details and building components, a reference for owners & inspectors.
Special Offer: For a 5% discount on any number of copies of the Illustrated Home purchased as a single order Enter INSPECTAILL in the order payment page 'Promo/Redemption' space.
TECHNICAL REFERENCE GUIDE to manufacturer's model and serial number information for heating and cooling equipment, useful for determining the age of heating boilers, furnaces, water heaters is provided by Carson Dunlop Weldon & Associates
Special Offer: Carson Dunlop Associates offers InspectAPedia readers in the U.S.A. a 5% discount on any number of copies of the Technical Reference Guide purchased as a single order. Just enter INSPECTATRG in the order payment page 'Promo/Redemption' space.
- The HOME REFERENCE BOOK - the Encyclopedia of Homes, Carson Dunlop & Associates, Toronto, Ontario, 25th Ed., 2012, is a bound volume of more than 450 illustrated pages that assist home inspectors and home owners in the inspection and detection of problems on buildings. The text is intended as a reference guide to help building owners operate and maintain their home effectively. Field inspection worksheets are included at the back of the volume.
Special Offer: For a 10% discount on any number of copies of the Home Reference Book purchased as a single order. Enter INSPECTAHRB in the order payment page 'Promo/Redemption' space. InspectAPedia.com editor Daniel Friedman is a contributing author.
Or choose the The HOME REFERENCE eBook for PCs, Macs, Kindle, iPad, iPhone, or Android Smart Phones.
Special Offer: For a 5% discount on any number of copies of the Home Reference eBook purchased as a single order. Enter INSPECTAEHRB in the order payment page 'Promo/Redemption' space.
- Building inspection education & report writing systems from Carson, Dunlop & Associates Ltd
COMMERCIAL BUILDING INSPECTION COURSES - protocol ASTM Standard E 2018-08 for Property Condition Assessments
HOME INSPECTION EDUCATION COURESES (Canada)
HOME INSPECTION EDUCATION COURSES (USA) including home study & live classes at eleven colleges & universities.
HOME INSPECTION EDUCATION: HOME STUDY COURSES - [email protected] Training 10-course program.
Special Offer: Carson Dunlop Associates offers InspectAPedia readers in the U.S.A. a 5% discount on these courses: Enter INSPECTAHITP in the order payment page 'Promo/Redemption' space. InspectAPedia.com editor Daniel Friedman is a contributing author.
- The Horizon Software System manages business operations,scheduling, & inspection report writing using Carson Dunlop's knowledge base & color images. The Horizon system runs on always-available cloud-based software for office computers, laptops, tablets, iPad, Android, & other smartphones