Jimdunlop.com 2REVA. POWER The 5150 Overdrive is powered by one 9-volt battery (remove bottom plate to install), a 9-volt AC adapter such as the Dunlop ECB003/ECB003EU, or the.
M > MXR
Please select your desired model below. We have 18 MXR Diagrams, Schematics or Service Manuals to choose from, all free to download!
Rendered in 0.0294 seconds
Brand names and product names are the property of their respective owners. This Website contains a compilation of information already available elsewhere on the internet and therefore considered to be in the public domain.
We make every effort to ensure the information contained here is as accurate as possible, but we will not be responsible for any errors or omissions, or anything resulting thereof. All information on this website is supplied free of charge, in good faith and without warranty. E&OE.
All the downloadable content on this website has been scanned thoroughly for viruses. However, we do not accept any liability for any loss, damage or inconvenience, of any kind, as a result of downloading any information from this site. Always scan any information downloaded from the internet with an up to date virus scanner before opening the downloaded information.
The MXR Dyna Comp is an effects unit produced by the MXR company intended for use with electric guitar. Made since the 1970s, the MXR Dyna Comp, which adds its own coloring to the tone, has become a frequently copied and widely used guitar effect, even a standard.
The MXR Dyna Comp was first produced in the 1970s and became 'a Nashville standard'. It is frequently copied by other builders and hobbyists. MXR also produces a 'vintage' Dyna Comp, with the 1970s 'script' logo, and an updated version, the Super Comp, which has an 'Attack' control that determines its 'bite-/squash ratio'.
The unit produces a dynamic range compression effect. It has two controls: 'Output' controls the output level, and 'Sensitivity' determines the amount of compression.
The compression effect helps to smooth out differences in volume between notes, such as in quick runs played by chicken picking. It also fattens up the sound, giving more body and sustain to lead guitar lines, and can be used as a booster. Its 'thickening' effect is especially appreciated in Nashville, where many country music guitar players who use Fender Telecasters use it to thicken the otherwise thin sound of the single-coil guitar; besides, the compressor's lessening of the initial attack 'gives the effect of a pedal steel player working his volume pedal'.
The effect can be used by bass players as well.
Mxr Dyna Compressor
The MXR Dyna Comp is not considered tone-neutral; that is, it adds its specific coloring to the sound, which is appreciated by many users.
- Adrian Belew
- Lowell George
- David Gilmour
- Sonny Landreth
- Jim Messina (musician)
- ^ abcdefHunter, Dave (2004). Guitar effects pedals: the practical handbook. Hal Leonard. pp. 24, 89. ISBN978-0-87930-806-3.
- ^Bacon, Tony (1981). Rock hardware: the instruments, equipment, and technology of rock. Harmony. p. 124. ISBN978-0-517-54520-1.
- ^ abRoss, Michael (1998). Getting great guitar sounds: a non-technical approach to shaping your personal sound. Hal Leonard. p. 75. ISBN978-0-7935-9140-4.
- ^Sheehan, Billy (2004). Billy Sheehan: Advanced Bass, Book & DVD. Alfred Music. p. 7. ISBN978-0-7390-3312-8.
- ^Brown, Pete (January 2011). 'New Standard in Stompbox Compression? The Effectrode PC-2A'. Vintage Guitar. p. 138.
- ^Gibson, Bill (2007). Instrument and Vocal Recording. Hal Leonard. p. 52. ISBN978-1-4234-3049-0.
- ^Savona, Anthony (2005). Console confessions: the great music producers in their own words. Hal Leonard. p. 237. ISBN978-0-87930-860-5.
- ^Brend, Mark (2002). Rock and roll doctor: Lowell George : guitarist, songwriter, and founder of Little Feat. Hal Leonard. p. 81. ISBN978-0-87930-726-4.
- ^Drozdowski, Tec. 'How To Get David Gilmour's Solid Gold (Top) Tone'. Gibson Guitar Corporation. Retrieved 4 February 2011.
- ^Chappell, Jon (1999). The recording guitarist: a guide for home and studio. Hal Leonard. p. 121. ISBN978-0-7935-8704-9.
- ^Messina, Jim. 'Facebook - 12/20/2015'. Facebook.