Google Photos is the home for all your photos and videos, automatically organized and easy to share. “The best photo product on Earth” – The Verge - “Google Photos is your new essential picture app” – Wired The official Google Photos app is made for the way you take photos today and includes essential features like shared albums, automatic creations and an advanced editing suite. We've got you covered Back up unlimited photos and videos free of charge, up to 16 MP and 1080p HD. Access them from any phone, tablet or computer on photos.google.com – your photos will be safe.
- Data added in Google Photos (Descriptions or captions added in Picasa Web Albums, changed date/time, locations) are stored in a database and not downloaded when using the download options in Google Photos. If possible it is recommended to add captions or locations and changing dates before you upload to Google Photos.
- The only method to download both Originals and Edited copies in batch is by using Google Takeout
- Downloading more than one photo at once leads to downloading a ZIP file.
Download a single picture or video
- Find a picture or video, then left-click to open it
- Click 'More options' (3 dots icon at the top-right corner)
- Click 'Download' (Shift+D) or 'Download original' (unedited version)
- Select a picture or video by hovering over it and clicking the check mark in the top left corner.
- Click 'More options' (three dots in the top-right corner), then select 'Download' (Shift+D).
- Find a picture or video, then left-click to open it
- Drag and drop the photo to File Explorer (checked in Windows 10)
- Open a photo
- Click 'More option' (three dots in the top-right corner)
- Click 'Download Photo'
Download up to 500 selected pictures or videos using Google Photos
Download And Install Google Photos
- Select multiple photos: see here how to select.
- At the top right, click 'More options' (three dots in the top-right corner)
- Click 'Download' (Shift+D)
- Open the album by left-clicking on the album or on the link to the album
- Click 'More options' (three dots in the top-right corner)
- Click 'Download all'
- All files in the album will be downloaded in a zip file. See below for how to extract images from a zip file.
When a photo is edited in Google Photos only an edited copy is downloaded
Download albums using Album Archive
- Go to your Album Archive at https://get.google.com/albumarchive
- Click 'More options' (three vertical dots in the top-right corner)
- Click 'Download album'
- Go to https://www.google.com/settings/takeout and login using a desktop computer.
Click 'Deselect all' unless you want to download ALL data from ALL products.
- Scroll down to 'Google photos' and select it.
The button 'Multiple formats' gives some info about what will be downloaded.
- Click 'All photo albums included' to get the list of albums. All albums are selected by default.
- To select specific albums, click 'Deselect all' and select the albums you want to download. When you added ALL your photos to albums you can ignore the (often empty) folders with a date as title.
To find albums down the list you can use the Find function of the browser (Ctrl+F). See also Notes 2-3 below
- Click 'OK' to continue. That brings you back to https://takeout.google.com/settings/takeout
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click 'Next step'
- Choose how you want to get the data ('Customize format')
- Choose 'Delivery method' (includes Email, Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, Box ... ). Select an option to get more info. Note that this will create a ZIP file in all cases, but not all services can UNZIP. Search for example 'Google Drive' unzip to find how to unzip in Drive.
- 'Export type' (One-time or scheduled every 2 months)
- 'File type' - choose Zip format
- 'Archive size'
- Click 'Create archive' or 'Link account and create archive' (depends on delivery format you selected)
- After awhile, you'll receive an email that says 'Your Google data archive is ready'
- for example your Zip file is ready to download. Download and unzip the file into a drive that has enough room to store it. The file size could be quite large depending on how many photos are in your collection.
- or where it is stored, for example 'View in OneDrive'. In OneDrive or the like you will find a ZIP file with the photos/videos. To my knowledge there is no UNZIP feature in OneDrive.
- When a photo is edited in GP the ZIP folder includes both the original and the edited photos.
- In takeout you find many albums with a date as title. That is how they are stored. You may have to unpack them all and move to one folder. ExifTool is quite effective for moving photo files into new folder organization. See a step-by-step blog post by I. Gouy.
- Photos that are in your own albums may also be present in the dated albums. Thus when you download everything using Takeout there may be duplicatesbetween the 'Auto Backup' albums listed by date and your own albums. Takeout works better when you add ALL photos to albums and deselect the dated albums. It may be worth to add ALL photos to (for example) year albums before you use Takeout.
- The ZIP folder also includes .json files with data (for example descriptions, locations) added in Google Photos. Google does not provide any tools to add them to the photos, but EXIFTool seems able to do it:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/42024255/bulk-join-json-with-jpg-from-google-takeout
- Takeout does not remove photos from Google Photos.
Download using 'Google Photos' folder in Google Drive
How to get a real backup of your 'mobile photos'
- Two-way syncing propagates erroneous deletions. Every week users ask to recover the photos they deleted from trash accidentally, or which they do not even find in trash.
- Once you remove the device copy (to save storage) there is only one (working) copy left.
- You can download photos from Google Photos to your computer by one of the methods described above:
- You can regularly download the recently added from the timeline or from https://photos.google.com/search/_tra_ (Recently added, also available via search box > Show more > Recently added)
- When you add photos to albums you can download new albums from Google Photos or via Takeout
- It is however safer and easier to have an automatic backup
- You can directly upload from a mobile device to a second cloud service like OneDrive, iCloud, Dropbox or others. You can use this as a temporary backup, and download to a computer (for example when storage gets full), or pay for more storage.
- You can even use Google Photos:
- create a second Google account
- share your library with that account and accept the share
(note that you can share with only one other account)
- activate the option to add photos to the library of the second account
- Your photos are now safe because deletions in account 1 do not sync to account 2
- Only photos deleted in account 1 do count for storage in account 2 if stored as 'Original'.
When account 1 stops sharing all photos will count for storage if stored as 'Original'.
- After downloading a .zip file using any of the methods above, your browser prompts you to save the .zip file. You can also rename the zip at this time
- Click 'Save' and specify a location to download
- Unzip the zip file
- In Windows Explorer, right click the zip file, click 'Extract All' then 'Extract'
- When unzipping is finished, you may delete the zip file (but check before you delete)
How to preserve 'Captions' ('Descriptions' in Google Photos)
In Google Photos 'Captions' are called 'Description' and found in the Info panel (click i)
Captions added in Picasa Web Albums (PW) or Google Photos (GP) are lost when downloading from Google Photos.
Captions added before uploading are not lost, but after editing in PWA or GP you get the original caption, not the edited version.
- When using Takeout a .json file in the downloaded zip includes the info about the missing caption, but is hard to use. I found these articles online: latest version(s) of EXIFTool seems able to do it in batch:
- Captions are added to the photo when you use 'Import from Google Photos' in Picasa3 (under the File menu). Note: Google disabled this option end March 2018.
If you know other ways of downloading pictures and video from Google products, please let us know in the Google Photos Help Community: https://support.google.com/photos/community
Google Pixel phone manual user guide has specially to guide you the functions and features of your Pixel smartphone. Includes setup, expansion, tips, tricks and troubleshooting information for your Google Pixel phone. This Pixel phone user manual is an officially.
Google Pixel is the first phone ‘Made by Google’ to bring together the best software and best hardware for an impressive user experience. HTC manufactures this phone. They were announced during a press event on October 4, 2016, and serve as Google’s launch devices for Android 7.1 Nougat. The Google Pixel and Pixel XL are the first smartphones as part of the Google Pixel line.
Google Pixel Key Specs and Feature
Come with combination of metal and polished glass with an aluminum unibody design, the Google Pixel smartphone have a 5-inch Full HD AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels and powered by 1.6GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor and it comes with 4GB of RAM.
The phone packs with a 32GB or 128GB of internal storage can’t be expanded. As far as the cameras are concerned, the Google Pixel has a 12.3-megapixel primary camera on the rear and an 8-megapixel front camera. The 12.3 MPP camera is support for VR built-in and the new Google Duo video-calling applications. Its runs Android 7.1 and powered by a 2770mAh non-removable battery.
For Google Pixel Specifications Details HERE
The Pixel smartphone featured by the new Google Assistant, which allows for natural dialogue between Google and a user to get the information they need. The Google Pixel also builds in 24/7 live customer support, available through chat or over the phone. That includes a screen share option that allows the tech support to see the problems you are experiencing.
Google Pixel Phone Manual Guide and Instructions
Unfortunately Google doesn’t release the Pixel Phone User Manual in PDF, but customers can learn about Pixel Phone instruction by going official support page here https://support.google.com/pixelphone/#topic=7078250.
For Google Pixel and Pixel XL Phone users who are experiencing a bit of confusion to operate your phone, we try to help you by writing some tips here. Please visit the page ofGoogle Pixel Phone Tips and Tricks.
Pre-orders for the Google Pixel smartphone began on October 4 in the US, UK, Australia, Germany and Canada and will ship to customers and be available in shops on October 20. The phone will come with three color option including Quite Black, Very Silver and a limited edition Really Blue.