Page 3: Personal data entry, Weight & body fat readings, Body fat -what does it mean, Normal healthy range of body fat percentage, Body water -why measure it
View and Download Crane MD 14659 user manual online. Body fat scale. MD 14659 Scales pdf manual download. Also for: Md 14659. Personal care manuals and free healthcare pdf instructions. Find the personal care product manual that you need at ManualsOnline. Free Scale User Manuals ManualsOnline.com. Digital Body Weight Scale Model No.: EB4074C. Thank you for purchasing the EB4074C Digital Body Weight Scale by Etekcity. We are dedicated to providing our customers with quality products. User manual or any additional safety, use, or warnings included in the product packaging and manual.
how DoEs ThIs sAlTER sCAlE woRk?
This Salter scale uses BIA (Bio Impedance Analysis) technology which passes a tiny
electrical impulse through the body to determine fat from lean tissue, the electrical
impulse cannot be felt and is perfectly safe. Contact with the body is made via stainless
steel pads on the platform of the scale.
This method simultaneously calculates your personal weight, body fat, total body water
and BMI giving you a more accurate reading of your overall health and fitness.
This scale stores the personal data of up to 4 users. As well as being an analyser scale,
this scale can be used as a conventional scale.
PREPARING youR sCAlE
1. Open the battery compartment on the scale underside.
2. Remove isolating tab from beneath the battery (if fitted) or insert batteries observing
the polarity signs (+ and -) inside the battery compartment.
3. Close the battery compartment.
4. Select kg, st or lb weight mode by the switch on the underside of the scale.
5. For use on carpet remove the non-slip pads from the scales feet and attach enclosed
6. Position scale on a firm flat surface.
wEIGhT READING oNly
1. Position scale on a firm flat surface.
2. Tap the platform centre (vibration activates your scale) and remove your foot.
3. Wait until zero is displayed.
4. Step on and stand very still while the scale computes your weight.
5. Your weight is displayed for a few seconds then the scale will switch off.
PERsoNAl DATA ENTRy
1. Press the platform centre and remove your foot.
2. Press the
3. While the user number is flashing, select a user number by pressing the ▲ or ▼
buttons. Press the
sET button to confirm your selection.
4. The male or female symbol will flash.
button until the correct symbol is flashing, then press the
5. The height display will flash.
or ▼ as necessary to set your height, then press the
6. The age display will flash.
and ▼ as necessary to set your age, then press the
0.0’ will be displayed.
8. The scale will switch off and is now ready for use.
9. Repeat procedure for a second user, or to change user details.
NOTE: To update or overwrite the memorised data, follow the same procedure, making
changes as required.
wEIGhT & boDy FAT READINGs
Position the scale on a flat level surface.
1. Tap the platform centre (vibration activates your scale) and remove your foot.
2. Select your user number by pressing the ▲ or ▼ buttons.
3. WAIT while the display reconfirms your personal data then shows a zero reading.
4. When zero is displayed, WITH BARE FEET, step onto the platform and stand still.
Ensure your feet are in good contact with the 2 metal pads on the platform.
5. After 2-3 seconds your weight will be displayed.
6. Remain standing on the scale while your other readings are taken.
7. Your weight will be displayed followed by your BMI, body fat percentage and total
body water percentage.
boDy FAT -whAT DoEs IT MEAN?
The human body is made up of, amongst other things, a percentage of fat. This is vital
for a healthy, functioning body - it cushions joints and protects vital organs, helps
regulate body temperature, stores vitamins and helps the body sustain itself when food
is scarce. However, too much body fat or indeed too little body fat can be damaging to
your health. It is difficult to gauge how much body fat we have in our bodies simply by
looking at ourselves in the mirror. This is why it is important to measure and monitor
your body fat percentage. Body fat percentage gives you a better measure of fitness
than weight alone – the composition of your weight loss could mean you are losing
muscle mass rather than fat - you could still have a high percentage of fat even when a
scale indicates ‘normal weight’.
NoRMAl hEAlThy RANGE oF boDy FAT PERCENTAGE
bod Fat %
body Fat % Ranges for boys*
12.9 - 22.8
22.9 - 27.8
12.7 - 23.0
23.1 - 28.2
12.2 - 22.7
22.8 - 27.8
11.6 - 22.0
22.1 - 26.9
11.0 - 21.3
21.4 - 25.8
10.5 - 20.7
20.8 - 24.9
10.2 - 20.3
20.4 - 24.2
9.9 - 20.1
20.2 - 23.8
9.7 - 20.1
20.2 - 23.5
body Fat % Ranges for Girls*
16.1 - 28.2
28.3 - 32.1
16.2 - 28.8
28.9 - 32.7
16.2 - 29.1
29.2 - 33.0
16.2 - 29.4
29.5 - 33.2
16.1 - 29.6
29.7 - 33.5
15.8 - 29.9
30.0 - 33.7
15.6 - 30.1
30.2 - 34.0
15.2 - 30.1
30.2 - 34.3
14.8 - 30.8
30.9 - 34.7
body Fat % Ranges for Men**
19 - 39
8.1 - 19.9
20 - 24.9
40 - 59
11.1 - 21.9
Electronic Body Scale Tcs-200-rt Manual
22 - 27.9
13.1 - 24.9
25 - 29.9
body Fat % Ranges for women**
19 - 39
21.1 - 32.9
33 - 38.9
40 - 59
23.1 - 33.9
34 - 39.9
24.1 - 35.9
36 - 41.9
*Source: Derived from; HD McCarthy, TJ Cole, T Fry, SA Jebb and AM Prentice: “Body fat reference curves for children”.
International Journal of Obesity (2006) 30, 598–602.
**Source: Derived from; Dympna Gallagher, Steven B Heymsfield, Moonseong Heo, Susan A Jebb, Peter R Murgatroyd,
and Yoichi Sakamoto: “Healthy percentage body fat ranges: an approach for developing guidelines based on body mass
index1–3”. Am J Clin Nutr 2000;72:694–701.
The Body Fat % ranges published are for guidance only. Professional medical guidance should always be sought before
embarking on diet and exercise programs.
boDy wATER -why MEAsuRE IT?
Body water is the single most important component of body weight. It represents over
half of your total weight and almost two thirds of your lean body mass (predominantly
muscle). Water performs a number of important roles in the body:
All the cells in the body, whether in the skin, glands, muscles, brain or anywhere else,
can only function properly if they have enough water. Water also plays a vital part in
regulating the body’s temperature balance, particularly through perspiration.
The combination of your weight and fat measurement could appear to be ‘normal’ but
your body hydration level could be insufficient for healthy living.