Sep 09, 2018 The AquaSure Elegant RO + UV is an intelligent and aesthetic blend of form and function, keeping your family’s health in great shape. It is an electric water purifier with advanced technology that kills harmful bacteria & viruses and gives 100% pure and safe drinking water.
Buybestwaterpurifiers.in is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.in.
Are you in need of a water purifier for home use, but don’t know which is the best-branded water purifier or the right water purifier? Maybe this review could help you in choosing the ideal water purifier. Most of the RO water purifiers reviewed here is suitable for TDS in water up to 2000 ppm.
According to WHO, globally at least 2 billion people drink from water source which is contaminated with faeces and contaminated drinking water is estimated to cause 485,000 diarrhoeal deaths every year. Read the fact sheet here.
Be it dry or wet weather, you should never drink contaminated water. Waterborne diseases can be deadly and need to be prevented. Good quality water purifiers can immensely help in protecting your family from serious infections. Hence, after doing much research in terms of brands, water purifier types, quality, consumer feedback, we present before you the top 7 water purifiers of 2019.
You can check out the list of best-branded water purifiers in India below. However, before buying a water purifier for home use you have to ask the following question.
What Type of Water Purifier Should You Buy? – Is it UV, UF or RO?
There are many types of water purifiers in the market, namely the ones that use RO, UV, UF, TDS technology in the purification process.
If the water supply in your house is not hard water, all you need to do is just boil the water. If you are thinking about buying just a plain UV water purifier, it is not worth spending your hard-earned money. UV water purifier only resembles boiling process.
You should buy UV water purifier only if you want to substitute the boiling process.
Now that you know what a UV water purifier does, it is time to look into other water purifiers which use advanced purification technology. The latest generation of water purifiers uses UV, UF, RO technology and there is no substitute for these technologies. If the water supply in your house is that of hard water, then these water purifiers will definitely help.
Very hard water is high in dissolved minerals and is unfit for drinking, don’t just ignore this as prolonged consumption of hard water could affect your health. Although very hard water is considered harmful, mild hard water does not seem to cause major health problems according to some studies and warrants further studies to establish its effects on the human body.
By now you should have chosen the right type of water purifier; however, if you are still not sure, let me make this easy for you. Have a glance at the below table and be rest assured that you will never go wrong in choosing the right water purifier.
How to Select a Water Purifier? – TABLE
The below table will help you out to decide whether you need a UV, UF or an RO water purifier. All it takes is just 2 minutes of your time after which you can decide which one to buy.
|TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) Level||Visible Quality of Water||Biological Impurities||Recommended Water Purifiers|
|Below 500 ppm||Good||Yes||UV water purifier|
|Below 500 ppm||Turbid/Muddy||Yes||UV+UF water purifier|
|Above 500 ppm||Good||Yes||UV+RO water purifier with mineralizer|
|Above 500 ppm||Turbid/Muddy||Yes||UV+UF+RO water purifier with mineralizer|
|Above 2000 ppm||NA||NA||Domestic water purifier will not work. Water is not fit for drinking.|
TDS level less than 500 mg/litre (500 ppm) is considered safe for drinking and you don’t need to use RO water purifier; however, please be aware that water quality may deteriorate over time and you may need RO water purifier in the future.
If TDS level is in the mid or upper 400s, i.e, 450 ppm to 480 ppm range, it is prudent to use RO water purifier.
You could use a TDS meter to check TDS in water which will help you decide whether you really need a water purifier or not. If you want to test the water with a TDS meter, check out the list of best TDS meters.
Now you should have made a decision as to which type of water purifier should you use, it is time to buy them. Go ahead and buy any of your favourite brand water purifier listed below at Amazon.
Best UV, UF, RO Water Purifiers in India for Home Use – Top Brands Review
The below-listed products are the best selling water purifiers in India and you can buy these water purifiers online at Amazon. You can read more about these water purifiers below. This comprehensive review is inclusive of all types of water purifiers and each product is the best in its product category.
These water purifiers are suitable for people residing anywhere in India irrespective of you living in rural or urban area such as Mysuru, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Mumbai and other metropolitan cities. Whether it is borewell water or municipal water supply, these water purifiers just work fine.
1. Kent Grand 8-Litre Wall Mountable RO + UV/UF + TDS Water Purifier (White)
The Kent 8-Litre wall mountable water purifier is the largest selling and most trusted RO water purifier for hard water which has a design which is primarily transparent and has an inbuilt TDS controller. It is one of the best water purifiers which is suitable for purifying water which is slightly salty, it can also be used for tap water or the local municipal corporation water supply.
If you live in an area where you find a lot of dissolved salts in tap water which makes it unfit for drinking, this water purifier is ideal for you. This is one water purifier whose performance matches its looks. The advanced technology of RO+UV+UF+TDS gives it an edge over other water purifiers and hence is undoubtedly the ideal water purifier for purifying dissolved salts in the water.
Features & Specifications
- Patented mineral RO technology.
- Multi-stage purification process consisting of RO+UV+UF+TDS technology.
- Comes with a filter cartridge consisting of sediment, carbon block filter, UF and post-carbon filter. Sediment filter eliminates the visible impurities before sending the water into the machine. Pre-activated carbon filter takes care of germicide and pesticide residues in water. Post carbon filter enhances the taste of the purified water before dispensing to the user.
- RO technology handles the tough metal residues as well as other dissolved impurities. Ultrafiltration membrane traps the minute bacteria and cysts present in the water. TDS controller works in tandem with the RO system and maintains the balance of essential minerals while eliminating the hardness of the water.
- UV filtration technology deactivates the microorganisms like viruses and bacteria making the water 100% pure. Comes with an 11 watts UV lamp.
- Purification capacity of 15 L/Hr. Maximum duty cycle of 75 litres/day.
- Suitable for all types of water, i.e., brackish, municipal, tap or tanker water.
- 8-litre purified water storage capacity is perfect for the Indian hybrid family.
- Made from high-grade ABS plastic material, this is a durable appliance.
- Fully automatic computer-controlled operation eliminates manual intervention.
- Filter change alarms are additional useful features.
- Certified by testing agencies like ISI, NSF, WQA, and CE, this product complies with all testing standards.
Pros & Cons
- Advanced Purification technology.
- Filter change alarm.
- Excellent and sleek design.
- Delivers 100% pure water with great taste.
- Excellent water purifier for hard water given that it uses RO+UV+UF+TDS technology.
- Wastes lot of water.
- High maintenance costs.
For customer reviews on Kent Grand 8-Litre Wall Mountable RO+UV+UF+TDS Water Purifier (White), read it here.
Also Read: Best Kent Water Purifier Models in 2019
2. Havells Max 7-litres RO UV Water Purifier (Sea Green)
The compact design is the highlight of this Havells Max RO and UV water purifier. The 7-stage water purification technology ensures high standards of purity. Though Havells India Ltd has recently launched this product, it is giving a tough competition to brands like Kent and Aquaguard and is widely accepted by customers as being one of the best brand of RO water purifiers in India. Like Havells Digi Plus, this water purifier replenishes the lost minerals essential for the human body.
Coming with a 1-year manufacturer warranty, the 7-litre water purifier comes with enchanting features. Let us have a glance through them.
Features & Specifications
- It has a 7-stage water purification mechanism including RO and UV to ensure the supply of pure and safe water to drink.
- The Mineralz cartridge replenishes the minerals lost during the RO purification process thereby ensuring you have healthy water.
- The Revitalizer feature improves hydration qualities and ensures the absorption of minerals by restructuring the water molecules and making it biologically active.
- This appliance comes with the iProtect Purification Monitoring to monitor the process continuously.
- The advanced electrical Protection system caters to voltage fluctuations by maintaining the input voltage in the range of 170V to 300V. It causes tripping of power if the input voltage falls outside this range.
- The only water purifier that can be mounted on a straight wall, corner, or have a table-top presence.
- High-quality Zero Splash faucet to ensure smooth flow of water.
- Smart alerts for self-diagnosis and indicating failure of UV, SV, or pump.
- This product has a compact tank cover that prevents any entry of insects or dust particles.
- It is possible to remove the water tank and clean it separately.
Pros & Cons
- Excellent and futuristic design.
- 7-stage water purification including RO and UV.
- Constant monitoring of the purification process.
- Replenishment of minerals lost during purification.
- Wastes a lot of water because of the RO purification process.
For customer reviews on Havells Max 7-litres RO UV Water Purifier (Sea Green), read it here.
Also Read: Cheap RO, UV, UF Water Purifiers in India
3. Eureka Forbes Aquasure from Aquaguard Splash RO+UF 6-Litre Water Purifier
Eureka Forbes company needs no introduction, a pioneer in home appliances which has been in business since 1982. Many of the RO water purifiers by Eureka Forbes are expensive, so the company decided to give consumers a water purifier that they can afford and is of good quality. The Aquasure Aquagard Splash RO+UF water purifier is the latest product in the market and is one of the best water purifiers for borewell water.
Features & Specifications
- Powerful RO+UF dual purification technology.
- 6-litre water storage tank from which water can be dispensed without electricity.
- TDS range – 500 ppm to 2000 ppm. Suitable for borewell, tanker/mix water.
- Auto power-off function which helps in saving energy/power when the tank is full.
- Voltage fluctuations guard, no damage to the purifier in case of erratic power supply. Power consumption: 45 watts. Operating voltage range: 130 to 270 volts.
- Dimensions: 216.5 mm x 308 mm x 414.5 mm. Weight: 6 kg.
Pros & Cons
- Suitable for TDS range up to 2000 ppm.
- Uses RO+UF technology.
- Wastes water like any RO water purifier.
For customer reviews on Eureka Forbes Aquasure from Aquaguard Splash RO+UF 6-Litre Water Purifier, please read it here.
Also Read: Best Aquaguard and Aquasure Water Purifiers from Eureka Forbes
4. Kent Ace Mineral 7-Litre 60-Watt RO+UV+UF Water Purifier (White and Aquamarine)
The Kent Ace Mineral water purifier uses advanced purification technology comprising of an inbuilt TDS controller. You can use this water purifier at home as well as in your office and is ideal for purifying brackish/municipal corporation water supply. This Kent purifier uses RO+UV+UF technology to provide you with safe water, plus its sturdy design makes this product highly durable.
Features & Specifications
- Dual purification with RO+UV technology.
- Comes with an inbuilt TDS controller which adjusts the level of TDS in purified water.
- Computer-controlled operations for hassle-free operations. Fully automatic with auto-on and auto-off function.
- Filter change alarm alerts when to change the filters.
- Purified water storage capacity of 7 litres.
- Suitable for all types of water, such as municipal, tanker, tap water or brackish water.
- UV fail alarm alerts when it detects malfunctioning of the UV system.
- RO membrane which is fused inside membrane to prevent tampering.
- SMPS mounted vertically to protect from water.
- Wall-mounted stylish design which is perfect to place in your kitchen.
- Purifier is made out of ABS material. Water is absolutely safe to use.
- Certified by NSF and WQA certifying agencies.
Pros & Cons:
- Dual purification (RO+UV).
- Fully automatic operation.
- Suitable for all types of water.
- Wastage of water.
- Expensive water purifier. High maintenance cost.
For customer reviews on Kent Ace Mineral 7-Litre 60-Watt RO+UV+UF Water Purifier, please read it here.
Also Read: Havells Alkaline Water Purifier
5. Havells Digi Plus 7-litres RO UV Water Purifier (Black)
The 8-stage purification technology used in the Havells Digiplus RO UV water purifier makes it a sought-after brand. Looks-wise, this water purifier is an absolute beauty. Let us look at the convenience features of this water purifier to judge whether its performance matches its looks. The silver and black dual-tone colour combination is an excellent one. This water purifier is undoubtedly a quality water purifier which replenishes back the minerals lost during the purification process.
Features & Specifications
- Capable of producing 100% pure water, the S-stage purification process includes the RO membrane and UV purification.
- One of the few water purifiers to conduct double UV purification. This enhances the oxygen level in the water tank thereby maintaining the highest standards of hygiene.
- Correction of the pH value is essential in the purification process. The Mineralz feature ensures the replenishment of minerals lost in the normal course during the RO purification.
- Restructuring of the water molecules is necessary for making it biologically active and help in better hydration and mineral absorption. The Revitalizer feature is suited to handle this activity.
- The iProtect purification monitoring feature ensures the safety of the pure water at all times by switching off the process in case it senses a malfunctioning of any of the processes.
- You have a convenient jog dial instead of the normal faucet. This contraption allows for dispensing of water without splashing it all over the place.
- The Smart Alert feature plays an important role by providing regular alerts such as purification and tank full indication, malfunctioning of UV, SV, or RO pump, etc.
- The high-quality Ingress protection tank cover ensures that dust particles and insects do not enter the water storage tank.
- You get an idea about the filter life expectancy with the help of the cartridge life indicator.
Pros & Cons
- 8-stage water purification process is the ultimate technology in the industry.
- Double UV filtration enhances the safety of the water by eliminating 100% bacteria and microbes.
- The Revitalizer and Mineralz features are excellent convenience features.
- The cartridge life indicator helps in scheduling the maintenance properly.
- It is an expensive system, but the features demand this price.
- As usual, you have wastage of water when you consider RO purification.
For customer reviews on Havells Digi Plus 7-litres RO UV Water Purifier (Black), please read it here.
Also Read: Havells UV and RO Water Purifiers
6. Eureka Forbes Aquaguard Enhance RO+UV+UF+MTDS Water Purifier
The Eureka Forbes Aquaguard Enhance Water Purifier is an advanced technology RO water purifier which consists of an Active Copper Cartridge, Chemi-Block, i-Filter, Mineral Guard, UV Chamber, Reverse Osmosis Cartridge and Ultra-Filtration. This purifier is endorsed by Indian Medical Academy.
Features & Specifications
- The water purifier has an active copper cartridge. Copper ionic infusion in addition to calcium and magnesium strengthens the immune system and also enhances the taste of water. The harmful organic components are removed by the activated carbon making the water pure and safe to drink.
- i-Filter removes any fine suspended particles like dust, dirt, mud and sand from water.
- Chemi-Block reduces organic impurities and excess chlorine from the water. It also adsorbs bad taste and odour from the water.
- Mineral Guard technology helps in retaining all minerals naturally present and essential for the human body in water.
- Reverse Osmosis Cartridge reduces the hardness of water and helps maintain optimal TDS level. It also helps remove heavy metals like arsenic, mercury and lead. The RO Cartridge also eliminates microorganisms like bacteria, virus, cysts and protozoa.
- UV chamber disinfects the water by removing all the dangerous bacteria and viruses making the water safe to drink.
- TDS regulator helps adjusts the level of TDS in purified water.
- Ultra-filtration fibre capillary tube type membrane-based technology delivers crystal clear water to drink. It filters out all the sediments in the water.
- Elegant design. Can be used as a wall-mounted or tabletop water purifier.
- Suitable for all types of water, i.e., tap/tanker water, municipal water or borewell water. Suitable for TDS up to 2000 ppm.
- Storage capacity of 7 litres. Water flow rate or maximum purification capacity of 15 L/hr.
Pros & Cons:
- Advanced RO purification technology.
- Suitable for all types of water. Maximum TDS level 2000 ppm.
- Mineral Guard, i-Filter, Chemi-Block purification system.
- Wastage of water.
- Expensive water purifier.
For customer reviews on Eureka Forbes Aquaguard Enhance Ro+Uv+Uf+Mtds Water Purifier, read it here.
Also Read: Top Alkaline Water Purifiers for Home Use
7. KENT Maxx 7-Litres Wall Mountable/Table Top UV + UF (White and Blue) 60-Ltr/hr Water Purifier with detachable storage tank
The Kent Maxx water purifier is an innovative product developed by Kent Company using UV and UF filtration process. This is not an RO product and suitable for those people who do not need RO filtration process. If you don’t want to go for the high-end fancy RO+UV water purifiers, you do not have to look beyond Kent Maxx 7-litre UV+UF water purifier.
Features & Specifications
- Double filtration procedure. Water gets purified first by UV followed by the UF membrane. Eliminates bacteria, virus and cysts. Takes care of almost all kinds of impurities.
- Computer-controlled operation with filter change and UV fail alarm.
- 7-litre purified water storage capacity which is good enough for a medium-sized Indian family.
- Filter cartridges include Sediment, Activated Carbon and UF Membrane.
- 11-watt UV lamp eliminates dangerous microorganisms.
- Purification capacity of 1 litre/minute or 60 litres/hour.
- LED indicators for power on and purification process on display.
- Built-in SMPS system enables this appliance to work in a diverse voltage range.
- No need for any manual intervention as this appliance is fully automatic.
- Excellent push-fit components preventing leakage of water.
- Transparent and detachable storage tank for easy cleaning.
- Suitable for tap, tanker or municipal water. TDS range – 0 to 250 ppm.
- Wall-mounted design. ABS grade plastic body makes this appliance a durable one.
- 1-year warranty on the product provided by the manufacturer.
Pros & Cons
- Double filtration including UV and UF.
- 7-litre capacity makes it a large filter.
- No need for external voltage stabilizer.
- Top UV+UF water purifier among many products of its kind.
- No reverse osmosis technology.
- Not suitable for high TDS water.
For customer reviews on KENT Maxx 7-Litres UV+UF Water Purifier with detachable storage tank, read it here.
Frequently Asked Questions on Water Purifiers
Following are the components that an RO water purifier should have to separate it from the ordinary ones.
1. Sediment filter.
2. Pre-activated carbon filters.
3. UV and UF purification technology.
4. RO semipermeable membranes.
5. Post-activated carbon filters.
6. TDS controller.
If an RO water purifier satisfies the above parameters, then it meets the criteria to be called the best.
When buying water purifier online, you may be able to buy at a bargain price, i.e., it could be cheap compared to the price that you pay at an outlet store or when buying it directly from the manufacturer itself.
Who will do the installation of the water purifier if you buy it online?
Call the manufacturer for installation once you receive the product. Most of the popular brands do free installation.
Do you get warranty for the water purifier bought online?
There is no difference in warranty period if you buy online or offline.
You may get a nonbranded RO water purifier at very cheap price, but it may not be of good quality. Likewise, water purifier is not a buy and forget product, it needs annual maintenance. It is always prudent to buy a good branded water purifier.
How to choose the best brand that offers good customer service and after-sales support?
Choose the popular brand that is in business for a decade or two. Kent and Eureka Forbes are leaders in the water purifier market. Recently Havells has also made their presence felt. In my opinion, Kent, Eureka Forbes and Havells are the best brands.
Can you use an RO water purifier for borewell water?
Most of the RO water purifiers are suitable for borewell water. Borewell water does not mean it is hard water and can even be normal drinking water. Test water to check the TDS level.
Maintenance cost depends on the type of water purifiers as well as the brand. Average AMC for an RO water purifier is around Rs. 4000 per year, it may be a little higher or lower. AMC on UV/UF water purifier may be less compared to RO water purifier.
TDS level in the range of 50 to 500 ppm is normal; however, the TDS level that you commonly find after RO water purification is in the range of 80 to 200 ppm range. It may be a little bit lower or higher depending on the quality of water.
There is a notion that RO water purifier removes all the essential natural minerals like calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium, zinc, etc., from water. This might have been true a decade ago, but the most recent RO water purifiers consist of mineral replenishment or mineral guard technology which retains all necessary minerals. So, it is absolutely safe to use RO water purifier.
We have carefully chosen the above-listed water purifier brands in India for consumers who require RO, UV, UF, TDS based technology. These are best water purifiers for home use out of a whole lot of products in the market. You should choose products which suits your requirements. Test water before buying any product to avoid you buying the wrong product.
If you still got doubts on buying the right water purifier, read this article – Water Purifier Buying Guide – Buy the Perfect Water Purifier.